Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Difficult concepts

Simple things my kids do not seem to understand
(even though we've been working on it for years!)
When I tell you to put your shoes away...
it means in the closet, not behind the couch or under a pillow.
When I remind you to pick up your dirty clothes...
it means put them in the hamper, not under your bed or under a pillow.
When I say go to bed...
it means YOUR bed, not your sisters'.
When I say wash the dishes...
it means ALL of them, not just the cups.
When I tell you to come home at a certain time...
you might want to wear your watch (or take your phone), especially when you are the one that has someplace to be.
When I ask you to clean up the blocks...
yes, I mean the whole pile!
Do you really think I'm not going to find/smell the rotten apple core on the closet floor?

Everyday when you get home from school, you have to do your homework first.
Every time, every day...
and no you cannot play Wii yet!
When you finish using the bathroom...
you must wash your hands EVERY SINGLE time!

Where should you drop your backpack everyday?...
in the middle of the living room, really?
When I am talking to someone else, and I see you coming to me,
and I hold up a finger to signal 'just a minute'...
I really mean a full minute, not 2 seconds!
Ok, enough venting for now. Thanks for listening. Sometimes it feels like I am banging my head agains the wall with some of these topics. I need a beter attitude
before they get home today.

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!