Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tasty Thursday

Today's treat:
Veggie Rice Pilaf

Who says the treat of the day must be sweet?
I had never made rice pilaf before. Today was an experiment. It turned out delicious. I did a search on "how to make rice pilaf", used the first result here, made a few substitutions and voila!
I used some leftover vegetable soup stock(about 2 cups liquid) instead of the chicken, and threw in some cooked vegetables from the soup towards the end (also about 2 cups veggies like carrots, green beans, corn, peas, onion, rutebega, tomatoes, maybe a leaf or two from a brussels sprout, whatever I threw in the soup.).
The kids ate it surprisingly well. Of course some just picked out the veggies and ate those, but who would complain about a kid eating just their vegetables? I loved it as my main dish.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!