Monday, September 8, 2008

Forgiveness

I woke up on Saturday morning to gray skies, wind and some rain, thanks to the tropical storm Hanna. It was just what I needed. I got to roll over & sleep a little later, and that is always a plus! The cruddy weather made it nice not to feel like I had to get up and get to work right away. I took it easy, and was able to put a dent in the schoolwork I had to do. Mr. Snippity got some quality time baking a new cookie recipe with the kids. They spent some time straightening up, and got to have crafty time to do whatever. I had a totally laid back day. Ah, rest & mostly relaxation. I even got to take a soak in the tub with a book. Perfection!

This relaxing time showed me that I really stress out too much over some things. I put a lot of pressure on myself to acheive certain things that really are insignificant.

Then, I get to Sunday school yesterday, and our lesson was on forgiveness. I don't think I struggle too much with this. I can forgive & usually forget quite easily. But, through the dialogue with classmates, I came to realize that I am forgetting to forgive someone very important. That would be myself. I hold grudges with myself when I don't do things perfectly, or often enough(like that cleaning thing). I have held on to some grudges against myself for a very long time. Did you know, you can forgive yourself, too? I never really thought about it that way before, but yeah, I think it could be very important!

So, even though I have a very busy time ahead, I am going to relax against myself a bit and see how it goes. Hopefully it will improve my attitude.

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!