Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend travels

Doesn't everyone love a last minute weekend getaway? I do! This past weekend, I got to go see a great friend. They finally have a home that we can visit them in again, so we packed it in the family wagon and trekked the 6 hours each way :) I always love to see this friend. She is one of the most giving people I've ever known. She loves to do things for people that make them feel special. (This trip it was getting me into Sam's Club & cooking my steak dinner :) among other things. I had a great time, but it is always hard to get in the car and leave when you are having a blast. Of course, the feeling when you finally pull back into your own driveway feels pretty dog-gone good, too. I was dragging a little bit today from all the late nights of cheering at the TV & such. (The Olympics.) It looks like I've managed to make it another late night tonight...and that is my own fault. So...I'm off to prepare for tomorrow!

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!