Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tasty Thursday #2

I was so surprised today that I wanted to bake! It has been a pretty busy week, and today was unexpectedly the craziest so far. So, I baked...but used some shortcuts.

My friend that I saw this past weekend sent me home with this homemade Apple Pie filling. I had these pie crusts in the freezer, and they needed to be used. (Waste not, want not). I'll have to start from scratch next time.

Pie, ready to go in the oven. For some reason, I couldn't make the edges do the fancy swirl-thing this time. It looked bad every attempt I made. So we have fancy fork smash prints.

Now, the finished pie. I baked it for about 45 minutes at 350. It is a little more brown than I'd like...but smells good. I did put foil over the edges for about 1/2 the bake time.

It is sitting on the counter, and should be perfetly cool just in time for snack today. (Good thing, because that is what is on our menu!)
Posted by Picasa

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!