Sunday, January 3, 2010

First post of 2010- it's going to be a long one :)

That was the first time I have had to write the date so far this year! It will certainly take some getting used to.

It has been such a wonderful day so far! My ladies group (WoM, aka WMU), hosted a luncheon at church today. I was the organizer...anmd I enlisted people of the church to make soups to donate. We had 7 different soups to serve!

I went shopping yesterday to do my part...salad stuff & some tea. I didn't have to do anything hard...just slice some cucumbers & tomatoes, make some croutons & ranch dressing. I made way too much ranch! Anyway...I did all that last night. But I was so excited and anxious, I couldn't get to sleep. I finally settled down around 1 am. My alarm was set for 8 am...but I woke up at 7:15 and jumped up to get ready.

I packed up my bags with stuff & headed with the family to church. My Sunday School class volunteered to help set up the tables & prepare the fellowship hall, so we did that as a team. In talking together, we discovered we were all having car troubles and had busy schedules ahead. But we all felt good! It was fun to fellowship with this class in a way that we do not usually get to do. We had tons of people stop by the kitchen and ask if they could give us a hand. We really didn't need too many at that point, but it was nice to have offers! In so many parts of life, you are left to your own devices. I am proud to be part of a church family that has willing workers.

We prepped as much as we could, then went to 'big church' for the music & praise part of the service. It was awesome! Our church has been searching for a music director. One man was hired on a trial basis, and it did not work out. He was very musically talented, but didn't 'fit' just right. So, we have people that step in to volunteer wherever they can. Today's group was really in the spirit & they were jamming! I loved it.

In order to make sure the food was hot n' ready...a few of us slipped out right before the preaching. There was much to be done, and it just came together so well! I am so thankful for a great time.

We talk about doing something like this more often...like once a month to support different mission opportunities throughout the year. I hope we keep it up! I know of several mission trips coming this year that will need financial support. We all love to eat, and I think this will turn out to be a good thing!

Now, it is Sunday afternoon, and I my house has seemed to explode around me this Christmas break. So, after a quick nap :) , there will be much to do to get everyone back in the swing of school and work tomorrow! If you've read this far, you are brave...thanks for reading!

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!