Friday, December 11, 2009

Sausage Pinwheels

I recently (okay, I admit...last month) put out a request to my recipe sharing friends for new food ideas. I have been bored with all the usuals'.

I present to you sausage pinwheels:


1/2 pound sausage, 1 tube crescent rolls, shredded cheese
Spread crescent roll dough out, pinching the seams together. Spread uncooked sausage over top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Roll up from long side and slice into pinwheels. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.

I have made this 2 times now. Once for family, once for daycare. Both groups were pleased.
The first time, I misread the recipe and used the whole pound of sausage. I let it cook a little longer to make sure all that sausage was done.
On the second attempt, I did it as the recipe directed. It was good too. On the second try, I used one of the 'recipe creations' crescent roll tubes. It is not perforated, as it is a solid sheet of crescent dough. Or, supposed to be. When my can opened, there were a few rips as it came out of the tube. I thought I would try a shortcut...but at a about 10 cents more per can, I won't be buying this again! I'm sticking to regular crescent rolls...I can pinch ;) Pinch pennies, too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!