Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Fun

A local historical park has had free kids stuff going on all summer. We've taken in the symphony, acrobats, music petting zoo, saxophone fun, and now a free movie. I was reading my friend smartbutnotwise's blog about the drive in movies near her. Well, we don't have a drive in, but this park is about as close as we can get. Last night they had "seussville" for the kids. Face painting, game sheets, bubble station, a rock climbing wall, stickers, and a free movie. We brought our blanket, munched on popcorn and watched Horton Hears a Who. I think I had to spend maybe $5 for some popcorn and soda from a booth that was rasing money for a high school sports team. The sunset was beautiful. I knew dozens of people and the kids could roam and have space to play. I'm thinking this was an ideal Saturday night.

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!