Saturday, May 10, 2008

Do I Love my Granny or What?

This is what I spent my afternoon slaving over...

Why? Because my Granny wanted it. She saw the recipe in some magazine, and thought is sounded good. And had mentioned it several times over the last week. So, that means she wanted it. We are having a Mother's Day lunch tomorrow, and voila! My son (6) did help...notice the strawberry that is not like the others? Down on the side? Yeah, he did that.

I know for some of you, this won't be a big deal. I made this cake totally from scratch.

Cool whip? no. Whipping Cream. Box cake mix? Nope...sifted flour, butter, etc...etc...

This took hours! Of course I was making it and homemade pizza dough at the same time, so it was a bit challenging logistically.

So, after I got up this morning, had breakfast, took the 11 year old to her game, watched said game that started late, came home, made lunch...went back out to the grocery store and spent a fortune, and spent the rest of the day in the kitchen. I LOVED IT! I felt so happy! I wish I could make more time to cook from scratch. It is hard with the way my house is set up to watch the kids and spend major time in the kitchen too.

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!