Thursday, April 24, 2008

Schoolwork and memories

I am so ready for this semester to be over. I love education, and used to say I would go to college for the rest of my life if I could afford it. I think my dream has changed. I am currently taking 2 classes (6 credit hours) for training in my profession. These Early Childhood classes are not intellectually difficult. There is definately a struggle in my time management habits that keep me from doing the work ahead of time.

I guess that makes me a procrastinator. Wait, was that a surprise? I already knew that...I think I finally realized that in my junior year of high school. I was taking Honors Chemistry with a very loony science 'professor'. We had to do a project on a chemical compound (that we chose). I can't remember what anyone else did..but I chose acne cream. Why??? I don't know, because I did not have an acne problem. I guess it sounded good. I waited until the night before, and I was supposed to be spending the night with a friend. Oh...we gorged ourselves on coffee from 7-11 and I can remember adding something like 12 packets of sugar to each cup. We(I) was up all night doing a really crappy job of making the poster and writing the paper. These were of course the days before the latest energy drinks. We had Jolt, but who could drink that nastyness? I think I presented my project the next day, and I vaguely recall getting a very low grade on it.

You would think I would learn from my past mistakes. Especially in these online classes, where we are able to work ahead if we desire. My problem is, so far, I have waited until the last moment for all my work~ and I am getting pretty good grades! I am certainly not asking to fail, but I do need to look within and make some changes to my study routines. I have until May 7th to finish all work. THen I am free for the summer!

No comments:

  • It takes just a moment to change your attitude. And, in that quick moment, you can change your entire day!