Recently, I purchased two whole plain rotisserie chickens from a local grocery store for $8.62 including tax. I have divided it up and so far have made pretty good use. Some of these have been frozen for future use & some have been devoured!
- plain chicken as entree for 5 preschool meals
- barbecue chicken as an entree for 5 preschool meals
- 1 adult sliced chicken breast sandwich
- 4 quarts of chicken broth for chicken noodle soup (so far has provided side dish for 4 preschooler lunches, lunch for a family of four and about a quart remains)
- 8 really meaty chicken quesadillas for a family of four
- 4 drumsticks (they were kind of small) for 2 quick schoolager meals
- 2 cups (approximately) of plain, chopped up chicken to use for bbq chicken or chicken chili to feed a family of four.